December 1, 2014

Mini Pumpkin Pies

It has become a yearly tradition for my little Lords and Ladies to make personal mini pumpkin pies to celebrate Thanksgiving. I almost forgot to make them this year and they were all quick to remind me that we had not done them yet. Luckily I happened to have all of the supplies on hand. 



Ingredients needed:
- Pie Crust
- 1 15oz can of Pureed pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie spice
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Eggs



I always buy the refrigerated pre-made pie crust. I should probably someday learn how to make my own, but for now, pre-made works just fine for me. If you cut the dough just right, there is just enough dough to make 12 mini pies, plus a little extra left over to make fun little leaves to garnish the pies. I used a plastic storage bowl as a template. I found one that fit over the mini pie tin so there was enough dough to cover the rim. If you don't have mini pie tins, you could use a muffin pan.



Next, I rolled out the leftover dough and used a fun leaf shaped cookie cutter to cut out my leaf garnishes.



For the filling, mix the pumpkin, pie spice, eggs and sweetened condensed milk together until well blended. This is usually where I have my little Lords and Ladies help. It's a really great way for the little ones to practice counting and older ones to practice fractions. 



Once the filling is mixed pour enough filling into the pie crust to almost reach the top. Then place the leaf garnish on the top of the pie. 



Place the pie tins on a cookie sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.



Once the pies are finished baking, let them cool for at least an hour or two. 

Enjoy!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment