December 2, 2014

Hand & Foot Print Christmas Crafts

What can I say, I am a sucker for hand print crafts. I love nothing more than to go back through the years and see how tiny my princesses hands used to be. 

This year my Lords and Ladies are making several hand print crafts to give to their parents for Christmas. Below are a couple of the crafts we have been working on. 



Hand Print Christmas Tree



To make this craft, we used a 16x20 canvas and some acrylic paint. 

I brushed green paint onto their hands, starting with the oldest Lord or Lady. 



Then we placed their hands in a pyramid shape creating the look of a Christmas tree.



Once the hand prints dried, we painted a star at the top and painted red circles for ornaments.



Hand Print Ornaments

For this craft we used a clear glass ball ornament and some acrylic paint. 



First I painted my princess's hand and then placed her hand on the glass ball to leave the hand print. 



Once the paint was dry I then placed a piece of tulle inside the ball to give it some color. 




Mistletoes Foot Prints 



This craft is great for younger Lords and Ladies who sometimes have a hard time with the hand print crafts. 

I used a piece of card stock, and printed "Mistletoes" on the bottom. You can hand write this, but my handwriting isn't as fabulous. 



We painted this little Lady's feet with green acrylic paint, and then left her foot prints on the paper in a V shape with the heels touching. 



Once the paint dried, I hot glued some embellishments I picked up at the craft store onto the picture. Then I placed it in an 8x10 picture frame. 




All three of these crafts make great personal Christmas gifts that can be enjoyed for years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment